Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ships Ahoy!!!

Next project: puppy for a little boy I call him skippy! 

I love to crochet! I started this lovely hobby as a stress reliever while I was serving in the Air force.  It was a stressful time in my life so I picked up a hobby to help find some inner peace. It took me days of practice and prayer to catch on but after that it was love! I made my first afghan my first year of marriage while my  soldier hubby was sent to Germany and it met it's demise last year when it ended up with a burnt hole in the middle of it. It has now become a glorified pad for my Scottie dog to sleep on :). So pan forward after many years of crocheting and hating to read patterns I started making my own patterns. Now I can look at something and pretty much make it! Or draw something and sew it up! This picture is the process of what goes into making something new. A sketch, yarn choosing, a little idea, then I go into a trance and just design! Stayed tuned for more updates :) 

3 comments:

  1. You are so fascinating. I have a little creative blood inside of me- if I tried hard enough I might just find it. But you have all this beauty and talent bubbling out all over! Oh the things I wish I could learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! If you haven't allready like Snicklefarkles on Facebook to see other things I have made :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of the things I have learned to do I've learned from books and the internet ;)

    ReplyDelete